I'm a slow cooker user. It saves me time and I don't have to fuss with making something at a specific time to make sure it is ready by the time we sit down and have dinner.
Slow Cooker Beef & Bell Pepper
(it was originally called Spicy Slow Cooker Beef & Bell Pepper)
2 lbs beef chuck, thinly sliced (I used stew meat and it was 3 lbs)
2 cups bell peppers, chopped into about 1" squares
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 cup broth, or 1 cup water + 2 bullion cubes
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp parsley
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp corn starch
1. Place the meat on the bottom of the slow cooker and top with sliced onion. For even better flavor, saute onion in a skillet until it is golden brown then add it to the slow cooker.
2. Top with cut up bell pepper, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Mix the broth and Sriracha, or water, bullion cubes, and sriracha. Pour over the peppers and beef. Sprinkle parsley over the top.
4. Set on High for 3 1/2 - 4 hours
5. Mix 1/2 cup water, 2 Tbsp corn starch, and 1 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker. Cook in a saucepan over medium heat until boiling, then cook for 2 minutes extra to remove the corn starch flavor. Add this back to the meat and pepper mixture.
6. Cook some brown rice to serve with the meat and pepper mixture.
Container Count: 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1/2 Green
How well did my kids like this meal? Well, they cleaned their plates and gave it thumbs up.